Thursday 14 May 2020

D-76: Heart, Northern Continent, Audio diary recording recovered from remote farmhouse

I was in the upper field when I saw an Ursidae starship. It was too big to be a shuttle, it had to be a bulk transport or maybe a military ship. It whisked overhead and disappeared into the clouds over Athios mountain. It came from the south, no idea if it came from one of the ports down that way or if it had just dropped into the atmosphere. I didn't recognise it as being Ursidae, but only realised what I'd seen when I saw them on the hillside later. At the time I thought it might have been one of ours or maybe a Naegarn.

I'd been out hunting all day, had a couple powdids butchered and stashed that I intended to pick up on the way home. They're still out there, I'll grab them tomorrow. Anyway, I saw movement a while later on the mountain side. Just dots at the distance but they didn't move like goats. I couldn't make it out at first through my scope either. I watched them down all the way to the bottom slopes before I realised what they were.

It was Ursidae, when they got closer I could tell. Great lumbering brutes on all fours. What had me confused was the guns. They run on all fours and the guns are on their backs. After I killed one I got a good look at it. I couldn't get the gun though, its mounted on the suit it was wearing. It’s like a turret sort of thing on their back.

Anyway soon as I realised I was seeing the brutes coming my way I ducked into the bushes, and loaded up the one ploder round I had left. I always keep one on me in case I see something big to bring down. I saw a few big things today! They move fast those Ursidae, less than half an hour later they appeared across the field, marching in a line. They're big. On all fours the shoulder was level with my head. They are shaped like bears, I never really believed it until now. They were wearing suits, black with patches of grey hear and there., and that great gun on the back. I let them go past, didn't even breath. When they were past, I took a bead on the furthest away. Aimed for the visor. I figured, even if the ploder shell  didn't kill him, it'd bust his suit maybe suffocate him.

The ploder took his head off. I was grinning like crazy as I headed down the Tilders Brook beating a rapid retreat. They were shooting the whole area up for while then moved on.

I went back after scouting around and found the body. The head was a mess. They don't have fur, I thought they would have. Its scales they have, all over, at least everywhere I could see through the neck of the suit. The suit was a solid thing looked like metal or ceramic maybe. The rifle on the back was welded into place. Must be part of the suit, I couldn't get it off.

Just before I got home I saw some lights over towards Hargreave town, then heard some bangs. The power was off at home, so I guess the Ursidae's must have taken out the hydro plant.



No comments:

Post a Comment