Tuesday 26 May 2020

D-69: Sunodar, Coded Communique, To General Mandah Sunodar, From General Markus Ghilan Military Command Covuni

The tank plant was battered in an Ursidae bombing run, and from what I'm hearing they couldn't be back up and running for months. I've standing orders to save what of the equipment I can and send it deeper into Neagarn space, not quite a burnt earth policy but not far from it.

We've had five heavy hit and run raids in the last three days. Naegarn navy took the brunt of it, but the Corvuni still took a dose. We won’t be able to ship you any more grav units for some time, if ever.
The tempo of raids here is increasing, I'm under pressure to retain all the military cargo we were going to ship your way. We got an infantry-transport away before the last raid but as usual it'll be routing via Trants, expect it in a couple of weeks.

The raids haven't hit any of the orbital fighter factories. I'll insist we send you the promised fighters as soon as we get transport for them. Can't promise anything after that.

Intell' dropped a bombshell that I thought you should hear. They give it 50-50 as to reliability as it comes from apparently uncensored mail found on a captured Ursi' boat. Could be a set-up. The mail claims there are "big ships" coming up to the front. Intell' are being sketchy but are giving me estimates on tonnage that I find it hard to believe. They're talking of 10+ 500k ton Super Dreadnoughts. Make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment