Saturday 9 May 2020

D-72: Kranel, Boone Family Dome, Jerome Boone's personal diary

Just got back from Tijeks Dome. It smelled bad. Everything's still working but there's a tension. I had to ask Hank to speak up. Normally he deafens you across the store, but everyone is whispering. I don't know how to write it, its a feeling, a hunch, maybe?  I got the cleaner fluids and the algae feed.

Its the Ursidae, got to be. Hank was saying the ships from Wayk are late. That's bad. Gharlan and Thaoson haven't sent any trade our way for months. Hank says he knows a guy that had a trader friend that's disappeared. He ran a trade route to Lunak and back, regular as clockwork. One week to Lunak, two days there and a week back, two days here and back out again. He hasn't come back from Lunak. Worried.

I haven't said anything to anyone, not even Jane. I'm going to start digging a bunker. I've been saying for years we should have a second farm tunnel, so I'm going to tell everyone that's what I'm doing. I need to make plans, it'll need its own separate air and water, power. Hide the entrance? I won't be able to hide a hidden entrance from the family. I'll get it set up and then worry about hiding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment